About B&R Enclosures Defence
About B&R Enclosures
With over 60 years experience, B&R has built a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of enclosure, cabinet and equipment technology integration solutions. As an independent, 100% Australian family-owned and operated business, B&R champions the virtues of quality, service and value. Combined with our unrivalled industry and application knowledge, we are in a unique position to meet the needs of our clients.
Quality is assured with B&R’s certification to ISO 9001:2015 as well as accreditation by the Australian Stainless Steel Association as a superior producer of stainless steel products, working to industry best practice. Our occupational health and safety management system is also certified to AS/NZS 4801:2001.
At B&R we are justifiably proud of our products, and strive to ensure that you have what you need, when you need them. We have a network of offices and distributors throughout Australia and a large distribution network internationally.
B&R Enclosures not only manufacture and supply a range of products, but we can create build-to-print solutions, ready for installation including:
- Electrical technology integration
- Advanced manufacturing
- Electrical integration
- Design & engineering
- Testing & validation
- Supply chain management
- Project management
- Documentation & quality management
- Warehouse & distribution
B&R’s research and development team ensure we remain leaders in supplying fit-for-purpose enclosures by utilising:
- Environmental testing facility for ongoing research into climate control of enclosures including cooling solutions for protection of equipment exposed to high ambient temperatures and solar radiation.
- Rigorous in-house testing of enclosure products including temperature rise, impact, IP, type testing, static load, seismic, wind load, salt spray, line inspection and more.
- NATA Certification of all enclosure products to various protection levels including IP66 and IP67.
- IECEx Certification in-house and external testing for hazardous area electrical equipment.
- Enhanced durability of enclosures by the addition of a powdercoat finish involving a multi-stage pre-treatment, epoxy based primer and final powdercoat application.
Factory area of 18,000m²
Testing facilities, electrical integration, design & engineerings, advanced manufacturing
Factory area of 1,800m²
Electrical integration, modification centre
IECEx certified facility
Factory area of 7,500m²
Lean, high output advanced manufacturing facility
B&R’s manufacturing capability is constantly changing and we are proud to be at the forefront of manufacturing technology to enable us to compete with the world’s best
With a total investment of over $30M, our purpose built ISO 9001 certified manufacturing
- One (1) automated stud welder, laser punching centre, laser cutter, CNC enclosure modification centre, gasket machine, laser welding cell.
- Two (2) cut to length machines, powercoat lines, regraining machines and automated deburring machines.
- Three (3) automated sheet metal panel benders and electrical equipment integration centres.
- Five (5) automated sheetmetal punching and shearing centres.
- Seven (7) press brakes.
- Ten (10) fabrication cells.
- Thirteen (13) assembly lines.